Monday, July 13, 2009

Rain

by Sorrow

“We are just puddles of water on the ground waiting to be drawn down the sewers.”


“The clouds seem gloomy up there in the sky, so gloomy that anytime it may shed its tears on the lonely earth of Nifelheim.” Soon after thinking of such, it started to rain, and then I watched the drops of rain as it fell down on the asphalt and made puddles everywhere. It was a sight to behold; it was nice to think each drop of rain made music as it drenched the earth, and soon after some time, made it good as new, revitalized. “Rain may only be drops of water, but together, rain made rivers, rain made plants and trees grow.” I remember my dad used to say that to me whenever it rains.

Strength in numbers that’s what I see when it rains, it shows that even a small drop of water can be enormous like mountains, can make rivers. It made me sad in a way because for me, the people here… it seems impossible for us to be united for a purpose, a purpose like that of rain to replenish what had been lost on land.


Note:

This is the first two paragraphs of his short story entitled Rain which mirrors politics/ government. Originally written January 4, 2008.

0 comments:

Post a Comment